Military Student

Come to JCC as a military student

Jamestown Community College welcomes all past and present military service members and their families. JCC has been repeatedly named a “Military Friendly School” by Victory Media due to our commitment to serving our military and veteran students, making JCC a great place to start or continue your education.

Military-specific application details

As a military student, you will follow additional application steps so that you can use your veterans’ educational benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs.

You are also eligible for specific scholarships.

  1. Apply for your veterans’ educational entitlements through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) by visiting VONAPP. All transfer students are required to submit a Request for Change of Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995) and provide a signed copy to a JCC certifying official.
  2. Apply for admission to JCC, send us your Joint Services transcript or Air Force military transcript, and complete the next steps upon acceptance.
  3. Visit a JCC certifying official and provide the following:
    1. A copy of your DD-214 Member 4 (if you do not have your DD-214 member 4, you may obtain it through Veteran Records Archives)
    2. A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (you will receive this document from the Buffalo Regional VA Office after it reaches a determination on your eligibility for veterans' entitlements)
    3. A copy of your course schedule (your course schedule must be submitted every semester)
    4. A copy of your Authorization and Certification Form (VA Form 28-1905), if you are receiving vocational rehabilitation entitlements
  4. Sign up for WAVE to verify your monthly enrollments (MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR, REAP) online and direct deposit. (Note: you will receive your VA educational entitlement funds more quickly through direct deposit.)
  5. Sign up for eBenefits to check your current Post 9/11 GI Bill® enrollment status, access documents, update direct deposit and contact information, and more.

Military members, spouses, and dependents are eligible to receive the New York state tuition rate while attending JCC through the Veterans’ Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014 (Choice Act) and expanded Fry Scholarship. More details are available at

If you are using your veteran educational benefits, forward your Certificate of Eligibility to a JCC certifying official.

If you are not using veteran educational benefits, you must provide the following:

  • Military members: valid photo ID, most recent orders or copy of DD-214
  • Military spouses: valid photo ID, marriage certificate, and copy of most recent orders or copy of DD-214
  • Military dependents: valid photo ID, birth certificate, and copy of most recent orders or copy of DD-214

Learn more:

" class="hidden">渤海证券